Directions from the West
- Take US-22 E toward BETHLEHEM.
- Take the PA-512/CENTER STREET exit. 0.16 miles
- Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.02 miles
- Turn LEFT onto BATH PIKE/PA-512 S.
- Continue to follow PA-512 S. 0.51 miles.
- PA-512 S becomes CENTER ST. 0.65 miles, you’ll see Wesley Church on the left.
Directions from the East
- Take US-22 W. toward Bethlehem.
- Take the PA-512/CENTER STREET exit. 0.18 miles
- Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.03 miles
- Turn LEFT onto BATH PIKE/PA-512 S. Continue to follow PA-512 S. 0.62 miles
5. PA-512 S becomes CENTER ST. 0.65 miles, you’ll see Wesley Church on the left.
A United Methodist Congregation
2540 Center Street
Bethlehem PA 18017
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our office is closed on New Years Day,the Monday after Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday following, Christmas Eve,Christmas Day and the day following.
Daily Devotional from the Upper Room
Friday, January 6th, 2017
We all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV)
Jesus’ first miracle began with ordinary water poured into commonplace stone jars. As far as we know, Jesus didn’t stir the water, touch the jars, or pray aloud. He simply asked the workers to serve the water to the wedding host. Obediently serving the host, they discovered that the water had been transformed into wine.
The Gospel author tells us that by this miracle, Jesus “revealed his glory” to his watching disciples. What did the disciples see that was so glorious? They saw that in Christ’s powerful presence, transformation happens. Ordinary water becomes extraordinary wine as willing servants do what Jesus asks.
A similar quiet miracle of transformation happens in our lives. When we seek the presence of Christ through meditation on scripture and through prayer, the Holy Spirit changes us gradually into our Lord’s likeness. As we pour ourselves out in obedient service, we can become more and more like Jesus. Our ordinary lives can become extraordinary.
Marion Speicher Brown (Florida, USA)
Thought for the Day
Jesus Christ can change ordinary into extraordinary.
Lord Jesus, thank you for the ongoing miracle of transformation in our lives. Amen.